August 16, 2010

Back to School and Little Kids (Literally!)


This is what happens when I leave the two little ones home with David. I told him, "HAND WASH ONLY OR THEY'LL SHRINK!"

Aaahh...the sweet smell of school starting...


It's all pretty bittersweet, really. By the end of summer, I am definitely ready to get some sort of routine going. Summertime has a way of making shoes, clocks, and early dinners mean NOTHING. Staying up late, sleeping in, and forgetting what day it is are things that everyone should experiece at some point. (But not all the time, or you'll spend the rest of your life living in your parents' basement playing video games and Googling instructions on how to meet people!)
4YO is currently crying about wanting a popsicle. It's stinkin' NINE O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING! She's lying in the floor, so the dogs are bugging her. If she would simply stand up, then they would stop. But, that would give her one less reason to whine...and we can't have that, can we?
Is this what today holds for me? That's it...I'm going back to bed!
I wish!
I'm trying to come up for air here, but it seems like so much work to get to the surface. Having only one child at home is less work and more work at the same time! Does that make sense? That's okay, I'm not legally obligated to make complete sense when I've only had five hours of sleep! Then again, I had a day last week when I had had plenty of good sleep and STILL left the house wearing two different shoes! Neither technology nor style were on my side last week.
Sometimes, that's just how it goes.
A little boy at my daughter's school has a little brother that reminds me SO MUCH of 4YO when she was little. It forced me to reminisce for a bit, so I'll drag you guys right along with me!

No comments: