February 5, 2009

Flexibility and Chicken Soup

Pitiful, isn't she?
6YO woke up fine this morning. Even though she went to bed a bit later than usual, she was still up by 7:00 on her own. She ate a good breakfast and was playing and goofing around. I even had to threaten her a little to get her to get dressed, as usual. I got ready and went to my friend's house to keep 3YO and her two little ones while she worked in the classroom.
By 9:00, I had a phone call from the school telling me that 6YO didn't feel well. She was complaining of a stomach ache and had a low grade fever. FANTASTIC. I picked 6YO up and she's home for the rest of the day. She actually doesn't feel all that bad, but they don't want anyone at school who has a fever.
We're watching Pete's Dragon. 6YO is studying dragons in her class and I remembered we had this movie on VHS. It's old, but it seems to be working fine. I'm also trying my hand at chicken noodle soup, from scratch. I even made the chicken broth! You can find that recipe HERE, on the blog of my CROCK POT HERO. I had big plans to get things done. Big plans, I tell you! But, now all 6YO wants to do is cuddle. At least I can knit while we snuggle and watch tv.
...and that sounds like an even better day to me!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

There is nothing worse than when your kids are sick. Hope she feels better soon!

M Smith said...

Snuggling with your little one is the best, isn't it? It's too bad they don't slow down to do it more often. :o)