March 10, 2009

Sparkly Shoes and Budding Photographers

Who knew that these pink, sparkly shoes would cause such a heated battle this morning? I wish I could put them on and click my heels together three times and...
6YO didn't have the best of mornings. I bought her these shoes last week. They were at Target. They had the bright orange sticker on the price tag (CLEARANCE! SCORE!!!) and they were just about the right size for 6YO. They are probably about 1/2 a size too big, but that won't take her long at all to grow into! It might seem like forever, now.
She wore them to school once last week. She came home telling me that her shoes came off a couple of times when she was running. They don't come off when she's walking and they didn't feel that loose when she was just standing there, but we can't have shoes coming off at school. NOT OKAY. Her feet just need to grow a wee bit more before I let her wear them to school again. Which brought us to this morning:
I picked her clothes out and got her up for school. She drowsily stepped into the jeans and brown turtleneck that I'd selected without issue. I'd figured she would wear her brown boots, as it might still be a bit chilly today and they will keep her nice and warm.
That's when the fight started....
Suddenly, I was the meanest mommy in the world. Having a good reason is no excuse for making her wear boots instead of her new SPARKLY HELLO KITTY SHOES. I was just doing it to make her miserable. That is my job, you know! I went ahead with my morning routine, brushing her hair and pouring her cereal, taking no time out to worry about the sobbing that ensued. Having warm feet instead of having shoes that come off of cold feet was NOT BETTER. Just ask 6YO.
David stumbled down the hall and asked what was wrong. I told him. He giggled, rolled his eyes a bit, and went about his morning stuff.
I'm sure she's over it by now.
In the meantime, take a few minutes to enjoy the shots that 3YO took with my camera. Kids are so lucky to be able to dabble in photography. I used to think photographers were the coolest people in the world because they could just take shot after shot without their mom yelling at them about wasting film...
I think that this is David's and 12YO's gloves. It's softball season, and 40% of our house is playing. We see a lot of these lying around!

3YO had to take a picture of 6YO's Barbie Learning Laptop. And her toes.

This 3YO's toy laptop. When Grandma heard that 6YO was getting one for Christmas, she had to make sure that 3YO had one too!

And, last but not least, the beloved 'Nigh-night!' This thing is dingy and will be falling apart very soon. I don't look forward to the day that she loses this thing or we have to take it away. It's hard enough to convince her to let me WASH IT once a week!
I am happy to say that my migraine has gone. THANK GOODNESS!!! I was so tired yesterday. Every time I tried to nap, the phone would ring when I was JUST ABOUT ASLEEP. Every. Single. Time. In a way, that was good. I went to bed at about 10:30 and slept like a ROCK until 7:00 this morning. I needed it. We had THIS for dinner last night and it turned out really well. Don't tell David, but I chopped up a whole container of mushrooms and a whole Italian squash reeeeeeally small and simmered them in the sauce before I put it all together. He hates it when I do that, but he didn't seem to notice last night.
For once. Sometimes I feel like I have FOUR KIDS....





No comments: