I went to bed at 9:30 last night, and I haven't done that since I was TEN!
- 11YO just got over this awful virus-thingy that rendered her bed-ridden for three days
- 11YO whines a LOT when she's not feeling well. It's like the whole world is supposed to stop and suffer right along with her...and we DO!
- 5YO now has the dreaded *bug* and just wants to be quiet and lie around...which is almost worse because it tends to make me worry more
- 2YO is as busy and rambunctious as ever and she just finished going through my purse. Why do they always go right for the feminine hygiene products...especially in public?
- I had a migraine yesterday and spent most of my day curled up in the recliner cursing my children for their horrible habits of moving and making noise
- I was up very early this morning and already had more done before 8:00 am than I usually have done before dinner.
- While busy with the laundry, I come back into the kitchen to find my cat on the counter. He's sitting right next to my freshly poured coffee and licking his lips. (Yeah, he has a new nickname for the day. I just have to make sure my kids don't hear me say it!)
- Does anyone else have a 'nekkid kid?' You know, the kid that has her clothes off every time you turn around?
- I'm sitting here freezing my arse off while 2YO is running around naked as a jaybird.
- I hate high electric bills and think it's a conspiracy....I don't know the 'who' or the 'what'...but someone is definitely benefitting from the large check I'm about to write our energy company. I just hope they enjoy their summer home as much as I would enjoy STAYING WARM...if I could afford to!
- Our whole house is full of those CFLs. Have you ever read the label on those things? I read somewhere that you're supposed to evacuate the premises if one should happen to break. What the hell do they put in those things?
- Why is my daughter always naked and my house always looks like we had a frat party here? I hope these aren't indicators as to our future...
- I think I'm going to try to knit a felted bag next. I need to buy some circular and double-pointed needles to do anything more than the dish rags and scarves I've been making. Time to branch out, I guess!
Well, that's pretty much what's going on in my little world...
WAIT! On another note...I have to put in my two cents' worth about Dr. Phil. I was watching an episode the other day where they were talking a very dysfunctional mother. Now, I don't think I'm being too judgemental when I say that this woman was a total nut job! She was screaming incoherently at her son, who was most likely in his late teens.
Yes, the family needed help.
What the family did not need, however, was Dr. Phil's lovely and perfect wife, Robin, to pipe in. Who the hell does she think she is? She sat there and told that woman that she has never ever ever ever EVER so much as raised her voice to either of her sons. HUH??? Okay, the woman was brave enough to come on the show only to have Robin make her feel even worse about herself! Was she just there to try to make ALL MOTHERS feel crappy? Not that I don't believe her when she says that, but how many people do you know that have NEVER raised their voices to their children?
Robin McGraw comes across as this 'little Miss Perfect' and it makes me crazy! I'm not one to yell at my kids a LOT...but I have and will continue to do so if the need arises. I believe that yelling at your children in excess just leads to their abiltity to tune you out completely. But sometimes, you need to do whatever it takes to get your point across. Would you stay calm and never yell if your child was about to dart out into the street? Would you stay calm and not yell if your child was about to touch a hot stove?
I get the feeling that Dr. Phil is secretly afraid of his wife. She totally runs the show and I've never seen a more high-maintenance person.
Sooo....please keep your parenting tips to yourself, Robin. You are no help at all to the real world!