November 2, 2008

I just can't tell you how busy I've been

Really, I can't. We're still in the middle of the chaos!
We had our last football game last night. We made it to the playoffs, but lost last night's game. Soooo, that officially concludes our football season. I would have been more than happy for our guys to win it, but was equally relieved that the season is really over now and we can have our Saturdays back!
Last night's game was an hour and a half away. Today, we have a league cheer competition to go to, also an hour and a half away in a totally different direction. I promise I'll get the pictures of Halloween and other random shots up eventually. Right now, I have a little less than two hours to get my family ready and in the car.
I did find something out about myself, however. Yesterday, we had two hours of cheer practice in the morning before we could go home and get ready for last night's game. David and some friends took their quads to Hollister to go riding yesterday. He had quite a drive and had to leave by 6:00 a.m. In an effort to be a good little wifey, I got up with him at 5:30 and made his lunch and helped him get his stuff together. I went back to bed at 6:00, after he left. By 6:30, 5YO was in my room, bugging me for cereal. I stayed in bed as long as possible, or until both 5YO and 2YO were up and bugging me as a team.
I just knew it was going to be a long day.
So, I put on a pot of coffee (even though I usually just stick to tea these days) and poured the whole pot into my thermal carafe. I took a travel mug full of coffee and my carafe with me. I nursed that thing well into the afternoon. And I had an energy burst that I hadn't experienced in a long time.
I HAD A COFFEE BUZZ!
I had been so stressed out about when I would have time to do the laundry that was piling up and the kitchen floor that was almost dirty enough for it to ask me personally to mop it. Yeah, it was that bad! Well, my little energy burst got my table and chairs moved, my floor swept and mopped thoroughly, all of my laundry done and put away, my little ones both showered and dressed, and I knitted half of a hat in the process. Seriously, coffee hasn't affected me this way in YEARS. Honestly, I moved around so much yesterday that I'm actually a little sore today.
Wow.
Today, we have a bit of a drive ahead of us and a cheer competition to get to. I think I'll stick to my tea. It's nice to know that coffee will really kick my butt into gear if I save it for when I really need it.When I used to drink coffee every morning, I never had a good coffee buzz. At least, not one that I really noticed. I just needed the coffee to be able to not kill anyone before noon. Now, tea keeps my family alive and coffee really gets me moving, if I use it sparingly!
Well, 2YO just said, "Hey Mommy! Watch my trick!" This could be cute, or it could make us end up in the ER. It's a crap shoot. Nah, she's okay.
This time.
By the way, the little booger is actually pooping in the toilet now! She only has accidents when she is outside playing and gets distracted. Otherwise, she's putting her excrement in the potty like a good girl. YAY! Life just got a little easier. And cheaper. THANK GOODNESS!
I have to take her shopping with me tomorrow. I have to actually break my newfound cardinal rule because there hasn't been time to go shopping this weekend. Like, NONE. Well, I have a system down now and shouldn't really be all that hard with one child, right?
Great. I think Ijust jinxed myself!

No comments: