October 9, 2007

Dumb Luck or On The Right Track?

Is it WRONG to be jealous of a 4YO's ankles?
I’m not sure if I can blame this on dumb luck or maybe I’m actually eating less, but I’ve lost five pounds in the past week. Actually, more like five days.


Yeah, I weigh myself every day. Don’t you?


Every single day I am about a pound lighter. How? I guess you could say that I’ve traded one habit for another…and this one’s less fattening.


I’ve become hooked on hot tea. Although I do own and drink a fair amount of green tea, I also drink sugar cookie flavored tea, gingerbread flavored tea, peppermint tea, etc. It’s all yummy to me right now! When I want a sweet snack, I just whip up a hot cup of sugar cookie tea. It has no calories in it and smells just like I’m eating a sugar cookie, even though it’s not actually very sweet! With the weather cooling down, it just feels so good to sit around and relax with a hot cup of tea in my hands. It smells so good too!


Even though I think Kevin Trudeau is a quack, there is a little bit of method to some of his madness. I’ve given cold beverages up for hot ones. It’s easy to do this time of year and there are so many flavors of tea to choose from! I no longer drink cold beverages with meals. I’ve actually noticed that I tend to eat more when I have something cold to wash it down with. Also, there is something to be said for the theory that cold liquids slow down digestion and solidify fats in your gut.


Now, I didn’t actually start doing this to lose a bunch of weight, because I haven’t actually changed the way I eat much at all. As a matter of fact, I made some yummy chicken last night that wouldn’t’ have been considered ‘healthy’ or ‘low fat’ at all! I took some leg quarters (Yes, bones and skin and all!) and brushed them with melted butter. Then, I tossed them in a Ziploc bag with breadcrumbs, rosemary, and a little Mrs. Dash. I’ve been using Mrs. Dash in pretty much everything I’ve cooked for the last couple of years since extra sodium won’t help David’s blood pressure or my edema at all! No, I’m not pregnant. But, as a result of bad breeding my ankles and feet pretty much swell up every day of my life.


I was really meant to be royalty, I think. I was meant to be carried around on a big velvet pillow and for my feet to never touch the ground. Does that really sound like too much to ask?


So, I no longer drink ice water. In fact, I haven’t really had any water in its natural state since I’ve begun this latest experiment of sorts. And my ankles haven’t been smaller in years. Isn’t that strange? I think I’ll be able to keep this up for quite awhile because I still eat whatever I want and don’t feel like I’m missing a thing.


Wait…I’m missing something…I’m missing five pounds to date!!!


I’ve been eating eggs and toast and brownies and….okay. I’m done here. All this typing about food is making me hungry and there is some leftover chicken and rice pilaf in the fridge that’s calling my name!


OH! And another cup of tea to wash it down with!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Where are you getting this cookie tea from?

Tell you what, send me some and Ill return the favor with some fresh pineapple mint, spearmint and lavender that you can tea-up. I grow my own, baby.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Great job ~ your ankles are gonna look like 4YOs in no time! Now about this tea kick...if your doing it ~ well you know I best do it too!