October 12, 2007

What the hell happened???

David and I, sometime around our wedding day. Right after, I think.

Five years later. Yes, it's had its ups and downs. But what kind of pure hell could we have gone through to have aged so much in five measely years? Sure, I had two more kids after this. In fact, I may even have been pregnant with 4YO in this picture. But, I don't think I was THAT much thinner than I am now. I just look so.....well rested! Sure, I only had one kid at the time. But, I was also working full-time (and then some!) at a dental lab and I really thought I was exhausted at the time.

I guess I didn't really know what 'exhausted' was, huh? Maybe I still don't.

I guess you could say that we have just aged. It's natural, right? A few more pounds, a few more laugh lines; they should be seen as badges of honor to wear with pride. How lucky we are to smile enough to leave marks on our faces! What great fortune to have had so many meals that have increased our girth!

Instead, I'm just grateful for Weight Watchers, my gym membership, and that night cream I need to start using on my face again.

1 comment:

Mrs. Flinger said...

oh, I KNOW. I know. Nice timing, by the way, because I'm starting the weightloss challenge soon. I really didn't come here to bug you about it, I SWEAR. Just came to read and say hi. But look! You're posting about it! :-)

No, really, I totally understand. Oh, so very.