August 25, 2008

Yup...It sure is Monday!


So, 5Yo did take the bus this morning. She likes to ride the bus to school. She still wants me to pick her up after school today.
From what David tells me, the bus sat in front of our house on Friday like she was waiting for us. You might remember that she wanted me to drive her to school on Friday, so we weren't waiting for the bus. She waited past the time she was supposed to. I figure she either has a watch that's really wrong or she's doing her best not to piss off the complainer. The bus actually came late today but we were out there the full five minutes before, just as we're supposed to be. I can't complain about delays, so long as she slows down.
Maybe this won't be such a bad experience after all. I can't start each day thinking that she'll be wrong. Today, she was fine. 5YO sits in the front, right behind her. They want all of the kindergarteners to sit in the front. It would be too easy to get lost in the shuffle in the back and have a little one miss their stop. 5YO has not had a single complaint about the bus driver, and that's what really matters to me.
2YO's cough has improved noticably, but she's still coughing. We cranked up the humidifier in her room and gave her the breathing treatment before bed. That little stinker woke up at around 4:00 a.m. and came to our bed. That's not so bad, but she was making the traditional 'H-Formation' between David and I. She would rest her head on one of us and kick the other one. For two solid hours. I wake up at 6:00. I didn't want to get out of bed any earlier than that because I figure my body needs the rest, even if I'm not actually sleeping all that well. I must have looked at that clock 50 times before it finally said '6:00.' At one point, I think she was trying to squeeze her toes in between a couple of my ribs. OUCH! I wonder if I have any bruises on my back...
As 2YO was having a coughing spell yesterday, right after her nap, I was watching her. She was coughing pretty hard and I wanted to make sure she wasn't having any trouble breathing or anything like that. As soon as she finished coughing, she got a big grin on her face and said, "Mommy, why are you looking at me?" When she's not coughing, it's the farthest thing from her mind. At least there's that.
I wasn't sure when we woke up this morning whether I'd be taking her to the library or the doctor. Since she's improved, it looks like the library wins today!
Have a great day!

No comments: