September 7, 2008

Football Games, Gym Workouts and the Zoo


So serious....
5YO finally cheered at her first football game. As we were getting ready to get there, she told David and I that she actually felt like a real cheerleader now. Why wouldn't she? She's got the uniform and everything...
We've had quite the busy weekend! Thursday night the girls had a cheer performance and it's been a total blur since then. As you might have read from my previous post, Friday provided for an unexpected turn of events that led to no rest AND no gym visit. I want to start trying to go to the gym on a regular basis. I need to. Actually, my thighs really need to! Plus, this new schedule has me pooped out by the end of the day and I could really use the energy boost that a good workout could actually give me. Isn't that ironic, really? You have to USE energy in order to get MORE energy. Who ever figured that one out? I'd always imagined that the steps I take every day are like the mileage reading on the odometer of my car: The more you take, the less you have left! I WISH! I guess it's the other way around, huh? Who made these rules? I'd like to have a word or two with them!
Saturday we had football games and were able to get a little rest in between them. It's a good thing we did because it was HOT outside. I've sweated more in the past three days that I had practically all summer! I'm sitting under an a/c vent as I type this and I have goosebumps...but I'm not complaining! I've been to hell and back this weekend and it feels absolutely terrific to be able to feel cold! If our freezer were bigger, I'm sure we would have taken turns getting in it.
After the football games, my mom took the girls home with her. It was nice, though David and I were too exhausted to do anything more than fall asleep in front of the television within just a few minutes of being home. No nice dinner out, no nice dinner in, no movie. We were pooped. I think I slept almost twelve hours last night! I must have needed it. This new schedule or routine or whatever you want to call it is kicking my butt!
We'd almost forgotten about a birthday party we'd promised to go to today. We had to get ourselves ready and give my mom ample warning to have the girls ready. Plus, we still had to pick up a gift. The party was at the zoo. It was hot, but the trees made it mostly tolerable. After we did the pizza, cupcakes and presents at the park and the party was over, David and I took the girls back into the zoo. We had a lot of fun. We have a membership to our zoo, but we hadn't actually gone this year. We took lots of great pictures, but I'll have to try to upload them all another time. I. Am. Exhausted. It ended up being a great family day, which was a nice surprise.
I like nice surprises.

1 comment:

wildtomato said...

*Yawn*

That post made me tired! And yes, it is cruel that we must work out and become more tired to prevent ourselves from being tired. I'm trying to bike on the hills around our house more and it is making me sleeeeeepy!