December 2, 2008

BREAKING NEWS: My Milk Came Down


...in PRICE, that is!

*giggle*

I did my weekly shopping last night. At both of the discount supermarkets that I frequent, milk has been $2.60 a gallon for the 2%. (Which is what I buy.) No, I do not buy organic milk. My family goes through FOUR GALLONS A WEEK, PEOPLE! This is no joke. I don't even really drink much milk myself, but the other four drink a LOT. Soooo, my milk was down to $2.13 a gallon! That's pretty significant, considering I just bought milk a week ago! I spent $125.00 on groceries for the week, even though I bought extras of things like cheese and lunch meat. 2YO has been on a kick where she just wants cheese and lunch meat, yet she won't eat something in the form of a SANDWICH! She also likes bread, but won't eat them together. I know, that would just make things TOO EASY.

Basically, I'm seeing a little bit of relief in the grocery stores. I've seen gas around here for $1.69 a gallon. It actually makes me excited to fill up my tank, whenever I see the price drop even more.

With the temperature cooling the way it is, I think our cat is pretty much going to be a permanent fixture on my lap until spring. Apparently, Soccer rather enjoys being warm and it seems that we can hug him as tightly as we'd like, so long as we don't put him down. Lily has become more of a lap dog than she ever was before, and I'm assuming that it's for much the same reason. From what I can tell, Lily doesn't enjoy being cold or wet. Silly doggy wouldn't go outside with me the other night when it was raining. Seriously, I had to threaten her a little bit. Then, she ran back to the door, saw that I was still halfway across the yard, and hurried down the house and through the cat door as quickly as possible. She wouldn't allow a single drop of rain to fall on her if it didn't need to! BIG CHICKEN!!!


Now, this has nothing to do with anything else I've rambled about today...but does anyone else HATE the lady from the Glade commercials? Why is she so fake? Here's on they've been playing lately:

It's like they make the one housewife out to be some frivolous, fake person. Are her friends really that judgemental? Does someone really have to try THAT HARD to fit in? Since when is buying your candles at Target or (GASP) a supermarket such a bad thing?

And on that note, I'm going to end this. I need to go straighten up my house so I can pretend to be more organized than I really am.

*giggle*

6 comments:

Allison said...

Ha Ha...you caught me stalking your blog. I logged on one day after seeing it posted on your WLW page. I have been laughing my ass off ever since. Glad you took a peek at my page. I dont write as often as I would like, but things tend to get really crazy around here! Yes the weather out here is "ideal" but I do miss cold weather. A season or two would be nice. My oldest thinks snow is something that gets shipped in on semi trucks and then gets dumped on the side of the street..no really, it happened last year! Take care Leanne!

Unknown said...

Stop giggling!

I think everyone hates those Glade commercials. Especially the ones where they call it "Gla'de." I understand that they're trying to make fun of the boutique candles but do people honestly care that you bought it at Wal Mart? I mean you set it on fire, it's not like a nice lamp or something.

Leann I Am said...

Allison, I make you laugh? REALLY? The people in my real life just roll their eyes a lot! I know what it's like to not be able to post that often. But, I've found that writing this crap is sort of a good release for me. And, it doesn't actually snow where I live either. Well, it has once every ten or twenty years...but it melts almost immediately!

Jessie, I CAN'T STOP GIGGLING!!! I honestly don't know why I do that so often. Well, maybe I do. I tend to put a *giggle* here and there as a way to neutralize something that may otherise be offensive. That, to me, makes it CLEAR that I'm only kidding around with something.

When I grow up, I want balls as big as yours.

*giggle*

Andi said...

Sweet Lord! I am glad someone else said it! I was starting to feel a little low-brow because I use a plug-in in the bathroom! I mean, c'mon! I live with a big boy and a little boy! Fragrances must come cheaply and in bulk to counteract that!

Leann I Am said...

Andi, I know, right? I only live with one boy, but I used to buy my fragrances at Sam's Club by the CASE!!!

And Jessie, I bought two bags of cinnamin pine cones today. You should be proud!

3HappyHippies said...

We dont have commercials on AFN so this will be a big change for me and the boys after 8 years, Im not sure I am looking forward to them at all.

I am glad to hear that gas and food prices are lowering a little although is this a response to "the recession" or a step in the right direction. I do not know but hope that it helps our transition out a lot.