December 29, 2008

Christmas, Birthdays, the Wii Fit, and Recurrent Croup


No harm done here...really! We were just singing 'Happy Birthday' to her and we all know how painful THAT can be....


In the history of mornings, there has never been a morning that lasted quite as long as this morning did for me. I'm sure of it.

Christmas was awesome. We really tried to cut back on the 'crap' this year and only get things for the kids that they could actually use or want. It's amazing how many things that don't get bought when you don't throw it in your cart because 'so-and-so might like one!' The majority of things this year actually had a need or a purpose and that felt good. 5YO loved her Barbie Laptop, 2YO loved her scooter, and 'Santa' found a good sale and was able to get TWO pairs of boots for 12YO for the same cost as it would have been for one. SCORE!!!

The grandparents got the girls a Wii my parents got us a Wii Fit. The Wii is so much fun! I can't remember a Christmas where the whole family has had so much fun with the same one thing. The little setting that records how long it's been played told me that we had played the Wii 10 hours and 42 minutes that first day. And that was 10 hours of 42 minutes of laughing, trash-talking, and cheering each other on. All of it. The Wii Fit can be a bit on the insulting side, but I think that we'll get a lot out of it too. I actually like the games and have been waking up a bit sore the past few days. I call them my 'Wii muscles.'

Right now, 12YO is attempting 'Advanced Step Aerobics' for the first time on the Wii and, let me tell you, this is way more entertaining that TV!

2YO is no longer 2YO...she turned THREE yesterday. Hence, she'll now be called 3YO. She also came down with one heck of a case of croup last night. Thankfully, we were able to see a huge difference in her breathing once we got the humidifier going. She was a little 'rattley' the rest of the night, but her breathing wasn't interrupted anymore. I didn't go to bed until about 2:30 last night, checking up on 3YO to make sure she was breathing okay. David then got up and slept in the floor of her room so he could hear her breathe the rest of the night. Actually, he didn't seem to get much sleep after that, so I think we're both pretty much zombies today. I would really love to catch a little nap, but it probably won't happen. My children are programmed to automatically need something or start fighting the second my eyes try to close. Aren't yours?

I have the kind of headache that one gets from staying up too late and drinking too much. I get the feeling that the drinking wasn't really what made me feel so crappy when I'd had too much. It was the fact that I wasn't sleeping, I think. I get my 7-8 hours a night because that's what I need. If I could cut out some of those hours, I know I'd get a lot more done! But, it ain't gonna happen, because I feel like the freaking walking dead today.

The laundry can wait...Momma needs her sleep!




No comments: