August 22, 2007

The Honeymoon's Over



1YO and her ‘man’ have had a spat, of sorts. He came over with his mom this morning to borrow something. She was so eager to see him…at first. She ran right up to him and hugged him. She immediately wanted to hold his hand and his mom just melted. My 1YO loved having him there. That is, until he tried to pick up one of her toys.


Imagine the nerve of that kid!


Giggle


It was soon apparent she was no longer enjoying her guest. She pushed him. She hit him. She threw toys at him. She tried to slap the pacifier right out of his mouth.


At this point, I’m thinking that she doesn’t make for a very good hostess.


That poor boy spent about as much time in next to his mom as he did playing with the girls. I guess he never knew girls could be such bullies! You see, he only has an older brother and I’m sure he thought he was a bully. Until today, that is.


I am putting the harness in the car. It’s time to treat my toddler like she’s a puppy that I can take to the grocery store. She and her older sister pretend to be puppies and walk each other around on it all the time. She enjoys it…when it’s her choice!


Today will be interesting, to say the least.

No comments: