August 7, 2007

"Leann looks like a hooker"


Okay...so I played a little game on my Myspace bulletin and that's what I got from Google. Thanks, Google! Could you do me a favor and wait until after I've showered and dressed to pass judgement on me?


Why do things calm down from chaos, only to get even more crazy than they were before?


Okay...I've got a question for you, Internet: How much do you trust the internet? Do you really think all those high dollar firewalls and passwords will protect you? Do you change your passwords often enough?


What do you do to protect yourself? I thought I was being careful. Someone got to me anyway. While it's just money, I feel violated. I would love some input and advice. I had wanted to keep things simple, but I feel the need to 'beef up' security around these parts.


Any advice?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you use Internet Explorer, DONT. Switch to Mozilla Firefox, its more secure. Also, never click on any link in any email. Also, just use one credit card for the internet, that way if you do get it stolen, its just one card, not all of them. Make your password as complected as these stupid word verification things, like qjgejvn.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Leann, how well does the Crabmommy know Google's capacity for insults. Whether Google is suggesting I seek driving lesons at the denverschoolofdriving.com or suggesting my readers buy Mormon ringtones, get help for bipolar illnesses, or hook up at a gay cowboy rodeo, Google is always keepin' it relevant at my site!

Ooh that security stuff has me worried. I use Firefox but am always feeling naggingly one step closer to identity theft. Good tips, Jessie. Thanks.