August 16, 2007

Nobody puts 'Baby' in a corner...


1YO has begun to refer to herself as 'Baby.' I guess it's to be expected. She is the youngest and not even two yet, so we refer to her as 'The Baby' quite often.



She can't quite pronounce her own name. If you ask her what her name is, she'll usually just say 'Baby.' It's easier, I guess. And she's most likely to remain the youngest in the family, so she'll always be my baby, right?



However, I see this 'Baby' spending a quite a bit of her young life in a corner, on some level. If she doesn't mellow with age, I can also see her 'doing time' in the principal's office or, at the very least, detention.
It could be worse, right? She could refer to herself as 'Princess.'
Wait. I have one of those too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well at least she isn't off calling herself "Demon Spawn" as of yet...