July 4, 2007

Food, Folks, and Fatigue

Isn't that what McDonald's really meant, anyhow?
I'm just going to give you a little 'tour' of my day with pictures. They're all for viewing on my Flickr photostream as well.


4YO sinks like a stone in the water, but can navigate the entire pool perfectly well with one of those 'noodle things.' I mostly took this picture to show off her hair. I was very proud of myself for actually doing the hair of the two littlest ones. I'll admit that most days I let them run around like little ungroomed cave children.

Since 4YO thinks she can swim, so does 1YO. This is where it gets interesting, because 4YO really is on the verge of keeping her own head above the water. 1YO on the other hand...she has quite a way to go and is almost as confident as her older sisters. This is the part of me that's glad we don't actually have our own built-in pool.

This is 4YO after we're done swimming. As much as she loved it, I think her thirst for it went away with her actual thirst by swallowing half the pool. She was tired and ready to go home and eat some more sugary snacks.


Don't take my picture when I'm trying to pout!

This is 11YO when it's time to go. She's getting to that age where she's starting to withdraw and pout a little for no really apparent reason. I'm sure it just comes with the age. However, if that age also brings 'eye rolling' along for the ride, you'll be sure to see me on the news!


This is 1YO when it's time to get out of the pool. She was not happy with that and would probably still be there shaking and turning blue, practicing climbing from the top step to the bottom step. Then, going back up to the top step and out of the pool, only to do the whole thing over again. If nothing else, she is a perfectionist when it comes to her stunts!

My whole family has, apparently, abandoned me to go to bed. I am right behind them. After all, I ate too much, drank too much diet cola, and feel like I haven't slept in a week!

2 comments:

wildtomato said...

What, no fireworks?

Anonymous said...

the girls are so cute! Mine are total water babies too even my almost 2 yr old. Even when she is all blue and shivering she doesnt want to get out.
looks like you had lots of fun :)
have a great rest of the week!!