October 27, 2008

It's bound to be a light blogging week...

...because my husband is on vacation this week!
We have doctor appointments, dentist appointments, and Halloween festivities to prepare for. He always tries to take Halloween week off since he doesn't get off early enough to trick-or-treat with the kids otherwise! This way, he also gets to attend the class parties and the costume parade and all of that. Plus, 12YO has a dance this week and David loves to imply that he might chaperone the dance. Of course, he talks about being there wearing nothing but a wife beater, some ripped shorts and a five o'clock shadow....
*giggle*
Let's just say that 12YO isn't really open to that idea!
I am making THIS for dinner tonight, so I'd better get it going huh? I plan to make THIS with the remaining carcass and some veggies tonight. I'm so excited! How sad is that? I'm thrilled to be able to say that I can make my own chicken broth!
I need to get out more.
I have an idea for another hat I want to make. It's holiday-themed, and I'll just leave it at that. Well, I'm off to make dinner and get ready to take 2YO to the library...
BYEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Susan Ogilvy said...

Oh that chicken looks so yummy. I think I might have to make that this for one of the busy nights this week. OHHHH Friday would be perfect nice warm dinner before we send the kids trick or treating in the cold! I think I will power up both crock pots and do potatoes in the other one.