October 13, 2008

Time and Money. Am I missing anything else?

Ummm....yeah.....discipline. Although, time and money seem to be at their all-time low around here.





And we're not alone.





Somedays, patience is also in short supply, but time and money always seem to be what I have the absolute least of.


I must admit, I have gotten to be way more creative and even a bit more responsible when it comes to a lot of things around here. But, it still doesn't seem to be enough. We are not buying a bunch of unnecessary things anymore. But this house has a looooong way to go before it can be considered remotely efficient.


Dinner is now planned and executed in a timely manner, which is huge for me. It's so freeing to know that I don't have to worry about what to make for dinner, I just have to start it on time. Most of the time, it isn't a problem. If I don't start a crock pot dinner in time, I always have a backup plan.


I think my biggest problem is just that I'm not an organized or overly-controlling person. I don't like to argue and I'd rather step over someone's toys or shoes than either pick them up myself or make a federal case out of it. And my family knows this all too well. Part of me just thinks that maybe there is more to life than a clean, organized home. The other part of me thinks I'm just making excuses.


Boy, am I full of crap or what?


I just think that there is something different about the way my brain works versus someone who is scheduled and disciplined. I'm not saying it's better or worse, just different. I'm so easily distracted by ANYTHING (even other projects when I'm cleaning) that I never seem to get anything done. And I know this about myself, so the mere thought of starting a new project is already overwhelming because I'm pretty sure it's something I won't finish. At least, not in this lifetime!


I guess I'm a 'thinker' and not a 'doer.' I can complicate the simplest task to the point where it may seem impossible. It's much easier to just skip it and stay calm, you know? The good part of that (from how I see things, anyhow) is my ability to be pretty flexible. My slight attention span makes distractions from other people easier to handle. And, let's be realistic here; I probably wasn't going to finish whatever I was doing anyway!


I basically think I need someone to follow me around to keep me focused. Or I need something in pill form! I can be busy all day long and have nothing to show for it. At least I can actually FINISH the occasional blog, you know?


Just like I'm about to finish thi-----


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: